On restless nights, fraught with tossing and turning, I often find contentment in a warmed mug of all natural whole milk. Many people find the ritual of drinking a warm glass of milk a calming practice. Milk contains the amino acid, tryptophan, which helps to induce slumber. Pair with a beloved book or other quieted focus.
“Everything gets better with milk.”
― D E B A S I S H M R I D H A, American physician, philosopher, poet seer, and author. ___________________________________
[ RECIPE ]
Ingredients | 2 cups all natural, locally sourced organic whole milk, organic cinnamon
- For a smokey, sweet flavour, heat 2 tablespoons of all natural, organic whole milk (from your local dairy farmer, or an all natural non GMO whole milk from your nearest grocer) in a medium heirloom copper saucepan over medium heat until shimmering.
- Slowly stir in 1½ cups organic whole milk, stirring occasionally until simmering 1 minute. During this minute, take a moment for yourself to reflect on your work. What would you do differently next time?
- Add remaining milk and continue to simmer until the desired reduction is achieved. Pour into your favourite handcrafted stoneware or ceramic mug bearing the initials of its maker.
- If desired, sprinkle with fresh, hand-grated organically grown Sri Lankan cinnamon.
- Pair with a beloved book, like The Kinfolk Home, or other quieted focus.
- Sip in bed by candlelight*, from a handcrafted, all natural soy or beeswax candle, while nestled in freshly pressed organic white cotton bed linens.
*Extinguish all candles when leaving a room or before going to sleep.